Platform beds or cabin beds have been with us for a long time. They are uniquely built with a raised level base with rectangular horizontal frame lined with rows of wooden slats which support and air the mattress. They have been revolutionized over time to accommodate modern styles and materials ensuring comfort, style and coziness. These beds have been designed to incorporate storage drawers underneath. Leather and microfiber padding are used on the headboard to make a comfortable head and back rest for relaxation when sitting on the bed. The bed is sturdier and firmer than other types of beds making it safe and comfortable for heavier people reducing the likelihood of the bed collapsing when in use. The bed is ideal for lovers of firm beds to keep the back healthy with no extra base mattress or springs to firm the bed. Platform beds are highly preferred by people who love low configuration furniture which reflect simplistic roomier bedroom with high ceiling.
Twin platform beds
What are the benefits of using platform beds?
– Storage area; most of modern platform beds have been built with storage drawers underneath which offer a great solution for storage of various items. These leaves ample space as less furniture will be required in the bedroom. It is easy to loft the bed creating space for a working area or other uses as desired.
– Blends into any decor; most of the beds are built from wood with numerous finish styles to choose. Wood blends perfectly in most designs of the floor, window curtains and other furniture in the room. You need just to select the perfect finish suitable for your bedroom which leaves you with many creative options of defining your style.
– Affordable; people who have just left school and are looking for comfort which suits their budget can find refuge in platform beds. There are readily available in the local stores and designed to accommodate your budget. The range of prices depends on the level of modernization and sophistication of the bed. The materials used on the bed range from simple to extremely expensive.
– Sturdiness; a platform bed is firm and sturdy accommodating weight and pounding. The beds are safe for children who are extra active and love pounding on the bed making a secure environment if they fall off the bed. Sturdiness or firmness of the bed makes it ideal for heavier people. It is cozy and comfortable for people with back problems reducing the cost that comes with firming the bed.
– High quality; whatever your choice, platform bed is created out of wood which makes it durable compared with regular beds. Depending on your taste and preference, you can choose a bed that will be handed down from one generation to the next ever increasing in value. Buying hardwood today cannot be compared with a decade ago as it has become a rare expensive commodity. A decade to come will be very difficult to get items created with hard wood. Wood has never depreciated in value and makes valued antiques of tomorrow.
– Ideal for limited space; platform beds are ideal for created space in loft conversion. This is due to the low level designs with underneath storage drawers. The low level ceiling appears higher making the room spacious.
Demand for platform beds in the market is rising. This has forced the suppliers or the factories to respond positively with the rising demand catering for all kinds of people. The prices range from very low to very expensive beds attracting consumers across all lifestyles. The materials used in making the beds vary being the main price determinant.