A good looking garden is a place where one has to enjoy a good, quiet time with some friends or family. You can completely change the way your garden looks, but before you move on to doing so, you will have to be prepared for everything. The tips of this article will provide you with necessary knowledge to make it happen:
– Assuming your clay pots have salt deposits on them, then you can work on removing them by using white vinegar, rubbing alcohol and water to get it done. Mix them together in a spray bottle and apply them to the pot. Use a plastic brush and you can scrub the salt of in no time, before you move on to planting the new additions to your garden.
– Also if you want to make sure you will have less dirt gathered under your fingernails, then you can scrape them across a soap bar prior to working with dirt. This will help seal the undersides of the nails, making them easier to handle. Once you’re done gardening, just use a nail brush and clean the nails and you’re done.
– If your string trimmer happens to jam too often, then treat the line with a spray of vegetable oil before you put it in. A simple, yet effective fix that will greatly prolong the time you can use the trimmer before you have to unjam it.
– You can make your gardening tool with a longer handle into a working measuring stick. Place the tool on the ground and use a tape measure to jot down inches or centimeters onto it, making it into something more useful. A shovel can become the swiss army knife equivalent of your tools if you do this, since it will likely be the most commonly used tool in your arsenal.
– If you want to keep a good supply of twine for when you have need of it, then you can simply stick a small ball of it in a clay pot. Pull the end of the twine right through the drain hole and turn it all upside down. You can now pull the twine and the ball will rotate inside and unravel as you pull without having to chase it around or use your hands to turn it.
– You may use a small clay pot to create some cloches, protecting your plants from frostfall and sudden changes in weather patterns. Make sure you put them on quickly as the weather goes bad and you’ll be done in no time.
– You can put small plaques with the names of your plants if you want to keep things organized or you can simply make sure they look good overall. This will create a more orderly look for your entire gardening area.