Headboard is a piece of accessory which is installed for its functionality and beauty purposes. They are preferred in the modern times as they create more room for storage of hand gadgets and books which may be needed for use before you sleep or while resting on the bed. They add beauty to the bedroom as you can creatively have one designed according to your personal specifications to blend into your already formed interior decor. There are numerous types of headboards for your selection in the market today. The most important factor to keep at the back of your when making your selection is your personal style, functionality and the added value that this piece of furniture will bring into your bedroom. Most beds are sold with the headboard already mounted on the bed adding beauty, style and value to the bed. The package can be attractive to you as it will be a single purchase.
Tips of selecting the perfect headboard
• Quality; this is important depending on the type of bed that you have. You can either choose a higher quality or same quality with the type of bed that you have. You can always wait a little longer to get the right quality headboard for your bed or inject more finances into your current budget as it is not a necessity that cannot be put on hold.
• Type of headboard; there are various types of headboard which are defined by the type of material that have been used to create the furniture. You can choose wooden, padded, leather, metal, wall mounted or bookshelf depending on your taste. You can choose a popular type but define your style by customizing the headboard using personalized unique design and colors.
• Functionality; when selecting the perfect headboard for your bed, functionality must be factored in the design and type of headboard that you choose. You may be in need for extra storage furniture for books or to store items that you require to use before you sleep. In modern times you may require a place to place your iPhone, alarm clock or a LED light for use during emergencies.
What are the types of headboards available in the market today?
1. Padded; if you like watching TV or reading on the bed or working on your laptop, the padded headboard brings comfort to your evenings. Most of them are created using a wooden base cushioned on the interior or the surface is modified to give a soft smooth surface to give comfort.
2. Leather; this is a modern type of headboard which is unique, durable and comes in a variety of colors for your selection. Leather gives the room an aura of affluence and sophistication whether genuine or faux.
3. Metal; these are made for beauty purposes by creatively designing metal rods to give antique finish to the bed which is more durable.
4. Wooden; the use of wood such as the oak and pine give the room a traditional look. The headboard can be used to support the pillows and accentuate the room’s decorations with unique design and finish.
5. Wall mounted; you can choose a headboard that is not compatible with the frame of your bed which is mounted directly on the wall. The advantage of using wall mounted headboard is the utilization of available floor space as the bed has to be placed near the mounted headboard.
6. Upholstered; they are known to add comfort and a more romantic feel to the bedroom. They come in different designs, textures and colors for your selection and blend with your theme and color scheme.