Shutters are the covering that is put on doors and windows comprising vertical and horizontal tiling. These are installed for many a reason. The most common reasons for these are security, privacy and protection against natural calamities. The security shutters for doors not just keep the burglars and thieves away, but they also prevent the infiltration of sunlight, water and dust, along with insects and wild animals into your domestic premises. There can be lot of fabric that can be used for shutters prime amongst them being fiberglass, solid panels, and plastic and there are also the louvers that can be operable louvers or the fixed ones.
What are the reasons for the installation of the security shutters for doors?
Well, as the name proposes, these are designed for the purpose of security. These are mostly automatic but can have a manual override when desired. Most of them are equipped with one. The security shutters have some features such as:
– Lot of designs and customization that can cater to your needs effectively at all times. These can be used for industrial, commercial and residential needs.
– Shutters were initially designed for offering protection against bad weather conditions. However, with the advent of technology and the perils of urban living, these have evolved into the ones that are sought out for protection against burglars and thieves. Apart from the normal security doors, you can also install the high definition CCTV cameras along with these shutters to give an additional security to your family members.
– The right hardware that is used for the shutters can offer a great deal. Strap hinges, Holdbacks, shutter dogs when used offer the house a new look and feel. It in fact apart from its functionality enhances the aesthetic value of the house or the office or industrial spaces.
The three important types of security shutters for doors:
– Barrel – These are made out of solid steel tubing. These come equipped with balance springs in most of the shops. Oil light bearings make these popular as there is ease of operation and usage at any time of need. At the time of their installation, these are generally mounted on steel shafts and bearing blocks of steel are placed on both ends. This gives them more stability, balance and durability.
– Curtain – This is an interlocking one and is made out of wide steel that is curved and galvanized and there is a similar part that forms the end of the security shutter.
– Grille Curtain Portcullis – These are preferred for their durable features. This is a slight deviational take from the standard curtain form of security shutters that are used for the doors and the windows. These are made using steel rods and this is done in a brick band fashion. There are aluminum links that are placed on vertically at the curtain and the steel side guides forming tubular sections.
Configuration and Operational Aspects – Of The Security Shutters
– A gearing mechanism is used to configure all of these security shutter types. The hand chain operation is preferred commonly for this purpose. There are three common methods that are put in action for the opening and closing these security doors and windows i.e. the security shutters. The reference is towards self-coiling, hand chains or electric motors as per the convenience of the customer.
– These can also be operated by push button remotes and these components come with the standard seal markings and the brand of authentication and warranty on products.
Some inbuilt radar sensors can also be installed to enhance the security. These are many chosen for people in high posts or Diplomats who entail a much higher degree of security and protection apart from the others. However, the cost of these security shutters for doors are little bit high than the normal ones.
Hope you like above mentioned information about security shutters for doors!!! Do you want to know more? Let’s have a look for some more useful information.